19. oktober 2008

To fall upon the night...

In front of your eyes...
Stare into the night...

This time of year, the night comes early. The sky is blue, then black, and stays like that for most of the day.
I forgot how much I love this time of year.
The streets are empty, the streetlights fill the empty space where people used to be, the only reminder of life is trash on the ground and the sound of cars in the distance.
Only people like me wander the streets, in silence, streetlights casting pale shadows on their face as they exhale smoke that dissolve in the cold air. The city gets a new personality. Quiet, full of secrets, it leaves you to your thoughts. The only thing breaking the total darkness is streetlights. Once in a while, while walking the deserted streets of Oslo, you see the most amazing coulors. Black. Blue. Orange. Green.
It gives me the best feeling walking the streets of Oslo at night, in the dark, listening to the silence, feeling the cold and the eptiness, senceing the people that have walked there before me, imagingnig the people behind the doors and gates I pass.
I love my city. I love the night.

The night is my biggest inspiration.

2 kommentarer:

DirtyJulie sa...

oslo at night, i like: ) Fantastisk koselig å se deg igjen! Hvis du under noen omstendigheter en eller annen gang i fremtiden vil selge, gi bort eller noe sånn, de rosa fantastiske øredobbene fra loppemarked, håper jeg at din søte kusine står på 1.plass. : )

Emilie Blue sa...

Ja, hadde det najs på lørdag! sender du meg evt. bilder?:)
hehe, tror ikke det skjer med det første, men du er den første jeg ringer hvis det skjer;)